Saturday, August 24, 2024

Anticipation



"It's not what you say out of your mouth that determines
your life, it's what you whisper to yourself
that has the most power."
Robert T. Kiyasaki 

As the month of August comes to an end, I am filled with anticipation! I find myself counting the remaining days which will lead me to my favorite time of the year ...  Fall. With cooler temperatures, colorful foliage, apples and pumpkins galore, my heart feels as though it is coming back home.

Visions of returning to my passion for walking in nature lightens my spirit. This positive energy pumps creative expression throughout the day. My domestic side is lured back into the kitchen baking muffins and breads which are meant to be shared. And the absolute joy of unearthing my sweatshirts and boots triggers expectation.

There are those who are drawn to blankets of snow while others dream of planting gardens. Then there are the beach lovers with hot sunshine and sand. For me, it has always been hot apple cider and and all things cinnamon and nutmeg. I am strangely liberated by the morning crispness followed by the magical evening by the fire. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment