Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Searching for Truth

                 

                      "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."                            Buddha

There was a time I believed that the truth was set in stone, never changing, and everlasting dependable. I began to notice, however, my own truth became amended and opened to  new perspectives. At times I drew a line claiming, "Never", only to alter my thinking as life began to happen to me.

Truth as I knew it guided me, but figuring in mindfulness and enlightenment, new understandings presented. Whether agreeing or not, at least I could see how one shoe didn't necessarily fit everyone's foot. If I paid close attention, discernment alerted me to the inconsistencies of truths being told to me.

Truth as I know it governs how I live, but there needs to be room for the interpretation of others who are living a completely different life. There seems even when there is one great truth, it is translated differently in languages, cultures, and behaviors. I will hold my truth closely with honor and respect, while offering the same to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment