Friday, September 24, 2021

Whispers in Our Heart




"The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered
by the still small voice of conscience."
Mahatma Gandhi

As adults, we can still hear the demanding voice of our inner child.  It can trigger melt downs, erratic behaviors, selfish endeavors and inaccurate realities. There is an additional voice, however, that has accompanied individuals throughout time ... the voice of conscience.  

The silent voice within can be called many things:  God, Universe, Spirit, Angels or Moral Code.  The name does not matter, but paying attention does.  As children it may have been warning us of "Stranger Danger" and in later years presenting a moral compass. Achieving adulthood, it whispers to us in languages often not spoken.

My inner voice has battled fear which creates chaos and spins me so fast I can no longer hear.  My rigid thinking quickly squelches inspiration.  Patient is the presence of encouraging words, waiting for my hearing to recalibrate.  I have discovered the good news!  The inner voice is passionatley heard when we hear it through our heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment