Monday, September 27, 2021

Hand Over Heart





"Speaking from our heart center
allows us to be truthful and honest."
Daily Om

In a gathering of like minded spirits, there was one woman who came to my attention.  Every time she would speak, she would hold her hand over her heart.  It wasn't distracting as it somehow seemed to be a natural reflex, like covering the mouth when sneezing.

With curiosity,  I approached this tender person.  I found her to be extremely inviting and exceptionally comfortable with her self.  When I gently inquired about her gentle action of hand over heart, she shared that it kept her out of her perceptions and attitudes of her mind.  It was her desire to approach the world with heartfelt interactions.

Over the years, I have found this simple gesture to assist me in navigating through life.  Whether downloading emotions or facing challenges, placing the hand over my heart centers me, normalizes my reactions, and reflects my true nature.  It helps me to remain authentic, no longer hesitant by hiding my truth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment