Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Life Never Hesitates



"People whose eyes shine are happy to be alive.  They see
the beauty of life and its glory, even when things are not easy."
Jelena Pantic

Over forty years ago, a very dear friend amazed me by her constant happy perception and I questioned how anyone could possibly be so cheerful all day long.  I lived with her for a few months, and by watching her in various situations, I came to realize, this happy nature was authentically hers.

There is a difference between a personality that is saccharine, fake or deceptive and one who has found a way to trust, to live in faith, and peacefully let the world unfold.  No matter what happens, either joyful or sad, life itself never hesitates.  It continues to unfold.

Every day I am blessed to see the light in a 5 year old boy, and a 2 year old girl.  They are creative, vulnerable, and excited about all things being presented in their world.  I realize I had been that way once, until culture stirred doubt, embarrassment, and restricted roles.  Light is restored to our eyes once we unpack our inner child.

No comments:

Post a Comment