Thursday, September 16, 2021

In My Heart, Forever




"I'm not upset that you lied to me,
I'm upset that from now on
I can't believe in you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

I have been trained as a listener, who catches inconsistencies in truth telling, and error by omission.  This was an incredibly accurate tool used in my decision making.  It helped me to stay focused and progressive, with out distractions.

Of course this tool slopped from my career into my private life.  Recognizing body language of friends, family and mentors, I could be aware of discrepancies.  I slowly became confident in realizing the misdirection was more about them than me.  I could choose to not absorb what was not mine.

When others are truthful with us, we can embrace numerous things:  acceptance; failure; depression; and clouded judgment.  When we hold our lovely selves accountable, we realize the actions of others have nothing to do with us.  Forgiving feels right to me, but pain remains lodged in my heart forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment