Saturday, September 11, 2021

Etched In My Mind






"It is not events that disturb people,
it is their judgments concerning them."
Marcus Aurelius

The date of September 11 will be forever etched in my mind.  I remember so many details of the morning, the unfolding of the day, and the grueling overwhelm of the evening.  The following days became exceedingly depressing.

I was grateful for my Reiki friends who immediately orchestrated a time table so that our land would be covered with positive energy every hour of both day and night.  While on the other hand, I was truly appalled by the hate and violence coming out of the mouths of some I held dear.

I had really believed that as a society, we had moved towards positivity for peace.  My heart broke as friends who spouted spiritual truths, were now caught up in a negative wind.  Carefully, I did not judge them, but I was filled with a sadness as history continued to repeat it self.

No comments:

Post a Comment