Friday, September 10, 2021

Fear Still Comes




"You gain strength, courage and confidence
by every experience in which you really
stop to look fear in the face."
Eleanor Roosevelt 

Unfortunately, I have been fear based all of my life.  It is one thing to be aware of this and quite another to actually do something about it.  It is like anything else, the more one practices, the better one becomes.  There is a dramatic difference between living life in negative captivity or experiencing life with an openness for joy.

Many of us have had traumatic upbringings, but at some point we need to choose if we are going to remove our lovely selves from the role of victim or unfold into a realm of unfolding love.  The choice is clearly ours to make.

After a few years of being trapped in a dark and lonely space, I have finally found my self shedding old patterns, concepts and memories as they only weighted me down.  I now rise each day with an open heart and unexpectedly receive joy in return.  Oh yes, fear still comes, but I nod in recognition, then  let this emotion go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment