Saturday, September 4, 2021

Acquiesce Division





"How can you know what you are capable of 
if you do not embrace the unknown?"
Esmeralda Santiago

Crawling towards the light, I emerge from the depths of the dark tunnel. Passing through the portal of fear and confusion, doubt is stripped from me.  I enter a space of caressing water where I am kissed by light and hear a voice whispering to me.

Looking back, it is difficult to describe. In this passage I followed a singular dot, growing into a beam.  I stood in the light, washed anew, as my feet lead me forward to a place I never knew.  As I search my eyes deflect signs of division and I see eternal love waiting for me.

As old pain slides down my spine, the water cleanses and dissolves old wounds.  No longer does darkness  keep me from opening my heart nor living fully as I was meant to be.  I can now see the importance of my years, and the beauty still awaiting me.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment