Monday, June 29, 2015

Words of Kindness





"Sit down, put your hand on your chest,
and stay awhile ... "

Kristin Ettinger


We are never truly aware of how we touch the lives of others.  For example, Kristen Ettinger sent this message to her sister, Sara:  "Sit down, put your hand on your chest, and stay awhile ... "  These simple words have become one of my personal mantras which probably would be a surprise for either Ettinger girl to know.  

There are just some days filled with angst or constant irritants clinging together like a ball of tar in the pit of my belly.  Sometimes I try to be 'above' the heaviness by pushing forward into other parts of the day.  Clearly, ignoring negativity is not the answer.

When I came across Kristin's words,  they immediately nurtured me right in the moment.  No candles, no music, and no lengthy meditation.  Just sit, connect, and linger.  I could feel the knots gently loosen and set me free.

Since coming across this simple remedy, my ability to stay in the moment has been increased.  I am able to face whatever is bothering me immediately, and then continue  on with a brightened spirit.  Let us strive to speak with words of kindness, so they may gently nurture the hearts of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment