Friday, October 23, 2020

Selecting Moments



"Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Maya Angelou

This morning out on the covered back porch, I followed my morning routine.  While listening to the rain falling, I read from ancient scriptures, current mentors, and scanned an old journal.  Pieces of emotion and wisps of memories formed a positive aspect of how I would greet my day.

Choosing to ignore the negative of the world, I began to fill my day with thoughts of 'sisters of my heart'.
As I did chores, I thought of the laughter in our gathered circles of women and the tears allowed to be freely shed.  I gave thanks to the mentors who intercepted my spirals and encouraged independent ways.

Later I gloried in the love of my grandchildren and when I retired for the day, my numerous pillows and blanket comforted me.  In the still of the night with my little candle casting shadows, past visualizations returned to me connecting me to all there is.  Life is good and I am so blessed!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment