Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sing My Words




"Don't let fear hold you back or allow a misguided sense
that feeling vulnerable is somehow a negative condition."

John Holland


Unfolding is a never ending process.  Layer upon layer unfolds, deeper understanding prevails, and new discoveries trigger the need for change.  Change is constant with minor lapses where we can briefly be in a comfort zone.  

I have been the tight bud of a flower, wound so tightly my petals had no choice but to unfold.  It has taken years to withstand the torrents of rain and suffocating sunshine, resulting in a sense of nakedness.  Even though I have been surrounded by the sweet fragrance of gathered flowers,  the task of being aligned has been no slight of hand.  

Seasons change, and petals fall and the stalk remains not erect, but somewhat tall.  With all of my strength, in this vulnerable state, I gently sing a hymn.  Though few will understand these notes  trickling through my stem, I pray for strength to sing my words all the way to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment