Friday, July 30, 2021

Intimate Connection

 


"Trying new things is the only way you're
going to learn what your passions are."
Lauren Skonieczny


Entering new scenarios, I begin to notice surfacing insecurities.  Very old issues once over come, begin taking new life.  Gone is my long established comfort zone, unaligned by what I am feeling and distanced by swerving from my norm.  Emotional triggers begin to upset me.

We have to change in order to stretch and grow.  Entering new arenas, exchanging with strangers we discover the odd sense of not being known. My conversation appears to be too intense and my observations are not coddled in trust.

It is a temptation to step back, surrounding my lovely self with authors, poets, and art.  The desire to build new bridges may have been premature.  As I have never been a risk taker, I question why I am pushing ... the underlying dream for intimate connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment