Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Unleashing Thoughts




"Personal events are not the only forces that darken our psyches. Sometimes the soul's way is diametrically opposed to the collective tune, and we must find the courage to march to our own drum". Catherine Ann Jones



Daily Om is a wonderful daily read!  It offers insight to help one focus for the day.  Catherine Ann Jones wrote an article for Daily Om on May 24, 2014 entitled, "Heal Yourself with Writing."  It was an excellent entry into her on line course.  Anyone would certainly connect with her thinking.

My writing began with diaries when I was in grade school.  They were a wonderful escape for me, but designer diaries did not offer enough space for what I had to say, even though I really liked the locks with the little keys.  By seventh grade I was writing in composition books, actually the ones still available with black white design.  Over the years, I have used a wide range of  note keeping, stretching from notebooks to gifted leather journals. 

It is a misconception for people to believe they need a special pen and paper.  It is also not true that punctuation needs to be perfect.  I have a dear friend who never writes anything in her journal, but expresses herself by sketching.  There are no rules to writing.  One can use short phrases while others are writing gospels.  Some may even make weekly collages ... truly, anything works!

It is quite common for a person to sigh, saying "I have nothing to say or write!"  This is so untrue.  We all have unleashed thoughts bumping around inside of us, yearning for place to be.  The Art of Writing requires a person to pick up a writing instrument and just begin.  In time, a person will be amazed at what stories appear when allowed to be in a flow.  When we give ourselves permission to scribble anything, thoughts gleefully jump upon the page.  I encouage you to begin ...


No comments:

Post a Comment