Sunday, May 11, 2014

Best Mother's Day Present Ever


There is a quote about:  sons being sons until they marry;
and daughters being daughters forever.


Three boys had been born to me, and when I was pregnant with a fourth child, I so hoped for another boy.  It would be much easier for hand me down clothes, sharing rooms, and I felt I knew the ropes for boys.  On Mother's Day, May 11, a little girl was born to me and changed my ways forever.

My daughter being the youngest was spoiled by her brothers and both parents.  She definitely was not a prissy thing, as the boys included her in everything.  She wore their hand me downs, but a bow or a dash of pink was always added.  On Sundays and special occasions she sported little gloves, patent leather shoes with matching purse, and plenty of ruffles.  I think she learned to navigate both sides of the coin.

Throughout her life, we have read together, shared books, and quiet times.  I was clearly a presence in her life, and surprisingly to me, she has also remained a clear presence in mine.  We have learned from each other and always seem to be on the same wave length.  She is more intellectual than I ever was, but her focus is in my field of study.  There is nothing she can talk about that I have no interest.

My daughter has a beautiful light within and she shines brightly for being tall, but small in frame.  Stylish, compassionate, articulate, and pure fun would be just some of the ways to describe her.  Hannah her rescued golden mix has wrapped herself around my heart.  Her significant other is a blessing and feels like another son.  I am proud of her and thankful for her.  She continues to be the best Mother's Day present ever!  

Happy Birthday, Amanda Rose!



No comments:

Post a Comment