Thursday, November 7, 2013

Good For The Soul

 
 
"If you do not change direction,
you may end up where you are heading."
 
Lao-Tsu
 
 
I am lost.  I am not quite so sure how this happened.  I had a memorized route, additional directions, and the general lay of the land, but somehow, I have been turned around.  I do not know where I am.  My thoughts are all scattered and my emotions seem to be bleeding into all places. 
 
There are no footprints behind me, so retracing my steps will not work.  As I look ahead, there is falling darkness disrupting my view.  I can sit and ponder what the pre-existing situation was and I can envision what the following consequences will be, but in this very present moment, all is still, but not well.
 
The more I learn, the less I seem to know.  Solid beliefs have once again turned to liquid, and all that remains is the simplicity of it all.  The message seems to be "Love," and "if you must do more, then simply forgive."  Parts of me wants to make life more complicated, more detailed and tangled.  If there just isn't a problem, I tend to breed unrest.
 
This being still in the moment is uncomfortable as an unending stretch  in time.  I can be still.  I can be in the moment.  Tell me though, how long am I to do this? 
 
This suspended space in time, they say it is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment