Friday, November 8, 2013

Aspects of Self

 

 
 
 
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

― Apple Inc.


With fall speeding by, I try to be outside as much as I can.  The days of enjoying a screened in porch or siting on a deck or swinging in a hammock are crisply crunching by me.  I love the solitude of being outside in nature.  It is when I breathe deeply into this surrounding energy that sustains me, far better than winter's cold embrace. 

In the quiet surrounding of nature, I find the best parts of my self.  Sometimes I find it to be unsettling to be 'hearing' from so many parts making up this entirety labeled 'me'.  I realize I draw too much into my self, living safely within a small box which sadly is contrary to what we are really called to do.

In addition to my ego, the childhood criticizing tapes, and my inner self, there are many more pieces forming my wholeness.  They are the pieces, when blended together become the greater part of me.  Facing the challenge of being misunderstood, coined a rebel or troublemaker, I am the round peg  who now no longer tries to enter the square hole.  I feel comfortable with all the parts of me, and acknowledge the quiet inner voice calling to me. 

Time moves forward, and Divine Spirit remains patient.  Once we establish our solitude, our guidance can be embraced and all of our parts respond.  We are free to be an authentic spirit forming all we have been designed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment