Sunday, August 5, 2012

Answering the Call




Something amazing happens when we surrender and just love.
We melt into another world, a realm of power already within us.
The world changes when we change, the world softens when we soften.  The world loves us when we choose to love the world.

~Marianne Williamson



In my mind, the word surrender has always been too closely related to the word submission.  I am realizing, however, the belief of submission where I had to give all of my power away was a costly self-destructive action.

By trying to broaden my understanding of the word surrender I realize that it is simply giving in to the unfolding of life.  In surrendering to life or to the Divine we are not called to become powerless, but called to allow life or the Divine to lead us towards fulfillment or total connection.

By being mindful, I desire to overcome my resistance and to say 'yes' to the moment.   I want to go with the flow of life and not against it.  It is time to answer the call.





No comments:

Post a Comment