Friday, August 31, 2012

Truth is in the Eyes of the Beholder




Empowerment means learning about my historical past, understanding where I am lying to myself about the truth of who I really am. Feeling whole is not about calling another out every time I am caught up in my emotional reactions based on my past hurts. It’s a long and tricky process learning what are my adult facts and choices rather than my rationalizing, defending fears that are masked as “my truth”.
 Suzy Newman
 Director of the School of Healing Arts

We can all experience the same situation and each of us may have an entirely different reaction.  Our perceptions would be filtered through our personal lenses colored by our life experiences.  My truth may not necessarily be your truth.  Truth is in the eyes of the beholder.
Life is hard, but we do not need to make it more difficult than it already is.  Not all of us need to tippy toe back through our childhood determining who did what or when.  A more modest approach may be to ask our self, "What limitations has my childhood experiences placed on me?" 
Negative experiences whether physical, sexual, mental or spiritual color our vision for the remainder of our days, unless we acknowledge the limitations.  Once we are consciously aware of these limitations, we can trace the roots of their existence.  Processing through an adult perspective, we can remove these blocks, adjust our thinking, and gain a healthier attitude towards life.
Empowerment is experienced when we are free from any distortion from our innocence, truth, and core goodness.  When we can forgive and embrace life as it is, our spirit will soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment