Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Spread the Light





There are two ways of spreading light:
to be the candle or
the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Candles have always mesmerized me.  They have been freely used in my life for much more than celebration.  Candles have held a vigil with me during times of sorrow or loss.  They have honored accomplishments and have been a presence when feeling so alone. 

The dance of the wavering flame always brings a smile.  And it is in the flame that I can get forget about time and space.  The flickering of the flame reminds me of the Sacred Heart of Jesus portrayed in so many childhood images with light extending from the heart.  The brightness of the flame brings to mind the golden auras surrounding angels, saints, and other domains.

Through energy work I have learned to be a vessel of light to be extended to all others.  As the light grows within me, I am able to spread light into the unsuspecting and suspecting hearts of others.  When I am in this light, I too, feel like the flame of the candle.

There are other times when I am only meant to be a mirror, to reflect my inner light outside of myself.  The more we know our inner selves, forgiving and accepting both strengths and weaknesses, the greater reflection we cast. 

Whether candle or reflection, we can spread our light.  The more we walk in the light, the stronger the flame grows.  Light attracts light and so together we can light up the world.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment