Thursday, February 3, 2011

Makawao, Maui ... The Cowboy Town


This afternoon we visited a little town not too far from the lavender farm. The town is named Makawao and means cowboy. I don't know the history of this little hot spot, and if I were more industrious I would look it up. We had visited this small dot on the map four years ago and in return, it gave us good memories.

We were happy to find this cowboy town with one main stop sign prosperous and lively. We ate at the corner Italian restaurant. My sandwich contained layers of sliced ham topped with melted brie cheese on home made fresh foccacia bread. Oh yum! With full tummies, we explored the town. The glass blower shop was still open and thriving. The art gallery was hosting an artist. The western wear cowboy shop had many looky-loos, but we abstained. There were several little quaint shops with endearing employees. Their charm encouraged us to generously contribute to their economy! Rustic was very patient as he knew the bakery widely known for creme puffs would be our last stop.

As I back tracked for one more purchase I decided I needed to have, Rustic slipped over to the bakery unsupervised. Fifteen minutes later as we walked to the car, I learned that we would be transporting delicate and precious cargo! SIX! Yes, no less than six pudding filled creme puffs were nestled in a bakery box as we waved good bye to the friendly town of Makawao! [For me to mention that I do not eat creme puffs would be unnecessary I suppose.]

No comments:

Post a Comment