Thursday, February 24, 2011

Courage, Freedom, and Light

Posted by Picasa


"We have come into this exquisite world to experience ever and ever more deeply our divine courage, freedom and light."
HAFIZ

I have always been a person of courage, but in the past it looked more like defiance or going against the grain or following the road less traveled. I have been careful not to confuse courage with bravery, as I see the two as being very different. To me, bravery has more of a physical stance to it, a position of defense; whereas courage is an emotional attitude of heartfelt hope in spite of barriers or limitations.

Freedom has been many things to me: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Physically, I needed to separate myself from people and situations that were not in my best interest. Mentally, I have always had the freedom of thought, but most generally, kept insights to myself. Throughout my life, I have been challenged by emotional freedom. Although a survivor skill for protection, numbing myself needed to be dismantled in order to feel the depth and magnitude of the senses as well as to be able to voice them aloud. Spiritual freedom is a blessing, a release from organized religions unattainable rules of perfection. It is with spiritual freedom that soul experiences the true nature of being whole.

Light is my forever friend, always present even in the darkest night of the soul. Perhaps there have been times that light has only been the size of a pin head, but enough to keep me engaged. The childhood song, "This Little Light of Mine" gave me strength when no one in the physical was able. Then the "Light of Christ" had a significant effect on me, so much so that I soon learned to direct this light to others. Being in the light guided me to safety, brought teachers into my life, and opened doors. Discovering one of many tools to work with energy and light changed my life forever.

This journey down my spiritual path has led me through deep experiences with courage, freedom, and light. After all of these years of seeking, I find it humorous to have been simply led within.

No comments:

Post a Comment