Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maui Lavender Farm Statue


The Lavender Farm did not disappoint! The 13.5 acres overlooking the sea was just as beautiful as four years ago. It is located in Upcountry Maui nestled in the slopes of the Haleakala Crater. There are over 45 different kinds of lavender and beautiful olive trees.

Camera in hand, I explored endless tiers of flowers at the farm. and sought out the statues well positioned throughout the area. The view from the farm's 4000 foot elevation was incredible! As I snapped pictures, I knew that the true beauty would never be revealed in the photography.

The Lavender Farm uses the dragonfly as a symbol. In Hawaiian the "pinao" or the dragonfly represesnts personal rebirth and renewal. The benefits of lavender assists in the rejeuvenation: relaxes, calms, and comforts; eases tension, stress, pain and inflammation; repels insects; acts as a natural antiseptic and disinfectant; relieves headaches and congestion; heals cuts, burns, and scrapes; reduces symptoms from pms, anxiety, vertigo, insomnia and claustrophobia; and provides moisturizing and healing properties.

The lovely gift shop was filled with lavender products: oils, lotions, soaps, tea or coffee, scones and ice cream. My favorite purchase was the pillow insert stuffed with dried lavender that can be refreshed with oil. Thank goodness they have a catalogue for future ordering. Their website is: www.aklmaui.com

Driving away from this enchanted surrounding, the farm faded from view. I placed my attention on the winding two lane road dotted with yellow and red wild hibiscus bushes. I knew I was leaving one of nature's remarkable creations, but I also knew that there were endless pieces of nature's art awaiting my discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment