Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maui Water View


Life took us on a coastal walk today. We wandered down a path leading to lava rocks, sandy beach and crashing waves. What is it about this ocean? Is it the varying colors of majestic blues? Could it be the whales that are showing themselves working across the water? Maybe it is the power of the waves. I stand in awe, trying to absorb as much of this beautiful scenery as I can.

Other people are drawn to this spot as well. I wonder where they call home and if they feel the same connection to this land as I do. Two middle aged men walk by, one saying to the other, "I don't know if I would want to live in a community with so many old people." I do not take this comment personally, but it does make me wonder about our culture and the separation between generations.

The Sea House Retaurant served us a wonderful lunch in an open cafe overlooking a family beach. It was heart warming to see so many young families enjoying time together. One little boy sat spellbound covered in sand building little mounds with his red plastic shovel. The chubby little girl barely old enough to walk giggled hysterically as her daddy bounced her in the salty water. All of this gently tugged at my heart recalling earlier life with four children in my care.

The day ended as it began, relaxing on the lanai. The dark sky was splattered with sparkling stars, replacing the brilliant sun and curious cloud formations. The waves continued to lull me into a peaceful state where every thing was aligned with my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment