Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Lizard Brain





"The lizard brain is hungry, scared, angry, and horny."
Seth Godin


Seth Godin states, "The lizard brain is the reason you're afraid, the reason you don't do all the art you can, the reason you don't ship when you can. The lizard brain is the source of the resistance.”   My poor brain, it has been categorized in unlimited ways, but never as a lizard brain.

The point, I am certain, is the ways in which we distract ourselves.  I tend to get my feelings hurt rather than be angry and I'm just not sure what to say about being horny.  Scared, if translated into fear, is my main 'go to'  while over eating rings true as well.

Resistance is the focus and I could make a lengthy list of avoidance techniques and an even longer recording of what I have resisted in my life.   It doesn't seem to matter to me if the resistance is caused by something critical or delightful.  Inability to change is the real issue.  I support change as long as I don't have to participate.  I tend to have one of those 'kicking and screaming' reactions.



No comments:

Post a Comment