Saturday, December 3, 2016

Imagination Offers Depth





"Closed in a room, 
my imagination becomes the universe,
and the rest of the world is missing out."
Criss Jami

My imagination paints scenes upon reality.  It enhances what is present and deepens my connection with all living things.  The world yawns widely and I am given a magical view that others do not seem to see. 

This morning, there were two squirrels looking right at me, a bright red cardinal settled in some leaves, a robin at the feeder, and a tiny bird flitting around the bird bath.   The first frost had delicately spread itself upon various fallen leaves. This living nature scene awakened my sleepy heart.

I turned, reaching for my coffee and when I looked back,  the two squirrels and the birds were gone.  It was as though they had never been there, as only the frost remained.   I smiled to myself, as  I knew my inner magician had once again brought living color just for me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment