"And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul."
John Muir
I paused at the open door, careful to not complain about it being too hot or too cold. I greeted the morning just as I would want to be greeted ... with loving kindness. I viewed the mismatched trees never hearing the one complaining to the other about how much prettier the other one was or how too tall it had grown.
Stepping upon my favorite path, I felt sweet air fill my chest. I felt alive and one with all of the critters jostling around. I never asked who they were or where they belonged. I invited their presence to be with me. I could hear the beat of my heart in spite of it having been broken. I smiled, however, knowing I would always winter the storms.
While closing my eyes, light flooded in. Yes, this was my sacred space where Divinity was welcomed in. It was here that I best knew myself, free and floating without censure or disgrace. Love flowed through my mind, as I watched the little birds take flight singing their songs and lifting my soul.

No comments:
Post a Comment