Articulating Silence - Deciphering Dreams - Exploring Inner Landscapes

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Defining the Self



"The most exhausting thing in life is trying to be lovable to everyone."
Whispers

It is the last remaining day of September, and I gaze at the trees wondering if they somehow keep track of how much time is left before winter settles in. Do they notice the changing of color in their leaves and are they proud of the fancy fall attire? Maybe the leaves think it is great fun to float casually down to the earth. Ah, the essence of change.

This makes me think about how much effort we put in to being one well defined person for all peoples to see. Just thinking about this feels way too tight! We are diverse people, with numerous interests, perspectives, and experiences. I do not believe I could ever be just one thing again. It is exhausting to contain just one version of the self.

Who I am in this moment is who you will see. My attention span may shift, and then that is who I will reflect. Apologies for not wanting to please, but I am far more interested in the uniqueness of both you and me. Please develop a deep appreciation for all aspects of your lovely self and proudly display all that you can be! 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment