Sunday, April 9, 2023

Light Becomes My Song




"Do not abandon yourselves to despair.  We are the
Easter people and hallelujah is our song."
Pope John Paul II

My Easter is no longer about coloring Easter eggs.  No more frilly dresses or patent shoes, and the white gloves of course are way long gone. Easter evolved for me, shifting attention from the morbid cross, to the glowing example of life after death.

As a young child, I looked away from the brutality of the cross, and lingered on the images of bright light presumably following death. Jesus said I could do anything He could do, so wouldn't I also survive death? And again, what about all this heavenly light?

My spiritual rapport evolved into working with light.  Every day, my heart is called to be still and the radiant light becomes my song. It is meant to be shared with others, leading us  out from despair. Hallelujah, indeed!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment