Monday, April 10, 2023

Retaining Sunshine




"Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly,
and do every day what should be done, and every
sunset will see you that much nearer the goal."
Elbert Hubbard

Each morning I watch the sun come up, absorbing as much light as I can.  Sun beams chase my sadness away and warms my empty spaces.  In the evening while I watch the sun sink down into the horizon, I make a list of the good that unfolded during the day.

Retaining as much sunshine as I can, I create ideas to brighten my day. How can I contribute goodness out into the world? What can I do to make a difference now in the moment?  The action and follow through decide the intensity of my day.

Simply setting the intention of being a good human can impact my routine.  It doesn't really matter what I do as much as how I sincerely extend goodness. No matter the task at hand, if I exert best effort with kindness, I walk with light into the darkness.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment