Thursday, May 27, 2021

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL




"Today, you  are just going to look at the 
positive, beautiful, miraculous things ..."
Rosie Molinary

When asked what I liked about myself, several things came to mind; but, I slowly realized that many of those things were not as prevalent as they once were.  I am no longer a shoeless and long haired hippie, I am more similar to an eccentric spirit.  I am not a protester, but an observer.  My gypsy blood still runs rampant, but social isolation currently curbs my wandering.  

Popcorn and ice cream are still my deepest cravings, and books or writing continues to be in my veins.  I am no longer gregarious and perfectly content to remain in a candle lit domain.  I continue to have a passion for understanding people and untangling their dreams.  Wisdom comes from whispers and images from clouds while insights mysteriously unveil within.

I do not wish to begin to live my life over nor do I want to be a child in our society today.  I am gravely disappointed that our collective consciousness is not higher than I envisioned for my lasting days. My greatest hurdle has been patriarchal theory, previously giving all of my power away.  I have been gifted with children, blessed by kindred spirits, and grateful for the healing of scars once cast upon my bleeding heart. I have unpacked my dark side, and watch for the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment