Wednesday, May 19, 2021

See What's There!

 


"If you can't see what you are looking for
see what's there."
Mark Nepo

There is a picture attached to this blog post.  Take a moment and glance at it.  Now look back at it, staring a might harder.  Do you see the stick figure on the tree?  Often, we see what we expect to see ... trees, flowers, and sky in the background.  If we would slow down and embrace what is in front of us, we would receive so much more than we bargained for.

As every morning, I sat by the window writing and reading.  Continuously, I would glance outside through the bottom pane of the window.  Once in a while there might be a person walking the circular path way and I would extend my hand sending Reiki energy.  

Bored with my morning routine, I stretched back into my chair which allowed me to look out of the top pane of the window.  Behold, there was a hawk circling before my amazed eyes!  He was low, not high ,  and I could view him perfectly.  Cream, golden brown, and a touch of red gently floating, perhaps waiting for me to gain a full view.  I sent him gratitude, wishing him safe journeys as he turned and flew high up into the sky.




No comments:

Post a Comment