Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Creating Harmony




"Dance is the hidden language of the soul."
Martha Graham

 It is in our best interest to be able to balance between our two sides, using the masculine or the feminine as particular issues arise.  This movement between the physical and emotional enables to react with choice rather than impulse, creating harmony.

To survive life, I chose to develop my masculine side, the projection of strength which hid my frightened feminine side.  It was good to be strong and driven which enabled me to be driven in my work and sense of placement.  Unfortunately, my feminine side was not equally addressed.

There came a day when I was tapped on my shoulder with expectations of moving fluently in an integrated emotional way.  I was awkward and clumsy, but the soul kept speaking to me, welcoming me to flow.  The hidden language of the soul teaches us to dance ... coordinating appropriate movement between the left and the right ... for life to be just so.


No comments:

Post a Comment