Monday, March 1, 2021

Waking Dream





"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions."
Edgar Cayce

We can experience nightmares, fantasy, and fore shadowing in our dreams.  There are other kinds as well such as lucid dreaming where we are seemingly awake, observing as watching a movie.  A simple kind of dream is the waking dream which happens during our living moments, unfolding before us if we but pay attention.

WAKING DREAM This afternoon, I drove my car up to the pharmacy window, requesting my prescription.  The woman  rudely told me there wasn't one.  I insisted.  She said it was probably one that needed to be called into the doctor.  I confidently informed her that I had received an email stating that it was ready for pick up.  She dismissed this saying I probably had the wrong pharmacy.  Intentionally, I showed her my phone with the email to verify my request.  She doggedly told me it would be ready in one and one half hours.

Later in the afternoon I was going over this live situation when I thought to ask my lovely self if it were a waking dream, what would it be reflecting?  I quickly realized that it was a progress report.  Normally, I strongly believe something, yet I am firmly told that I am incorrect.  I collapse into the role of victim and figuratively beat my self up for always being wrong.  Not this time! I finally stood strong for what I believed in and didn't automatically assume I was wrong.  Life was illustrating improvement!


No comments:

Post a Comment