Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mask Adds Drama




"What else have you been hiding?"
Celeste Ng

The tendency to hide things has long been with me whether it were feelings, treasures, bruises or gain.  My life has consistently impressed upon me the necessity of privacy.  Without exception, maintaining a small pocket in my human suit, protected me from embarrassment.

My heart invariably flapped open for others to share or feel protected.  I would listen so carefully as I wanted to learn how others processed darkness and shame. There was great value to be encircled in a one on one confession as it built a sense of being worthwhile and trustworthy.

Today is no different with the exception of pilfering through my mental treasure box, I spend more time evaluating my strengths, mishaps, decisions both deliberate and thoughtless.  Perhaps this habit of appreciating the good and sorting out the unnecessary assists me in the adjustment of isolation, and  quarantine.  Wearing a mask upon my face adds to the drama, don't you think? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment