Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Inside Discovery




"All dreamers and poets are pirates
navigating by the stars, raiding the
private places of inner worlds for
the gold hidden there."
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Throughout my life, people have intrigued me.  Just when I would think I found two alike, one would veer off and not be like the other.  I grew up knowing the paradox of everyone being the same and yet  different.  Following this observation, I then learned that all of us have an entirely different identity residing within.

I often wondered if the people who kept to themselves were busy weaving the strings of his or her heart, rather than being immeshed by peer expectations.   And what about the soul?  It is at our core, a vital instrument in developing spiritually which impacts the outer life as well.  How many years must pass before we realize our worth allowing us to speak directly to God?  

Early christianity taught me I was filled with sin, totally failing with the ten commandments and my prayers could only be offered through a mediator, be it a priest or minister.  Christianity may have wounded me, but it drove me directly inside to discover a relationship with Jesus.   It was through this hidden relationship that I was propelled into a broader understanding of life beyond organized religion and into a positive spiritual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment