Saturday, August 1, 2020

Storm Is Not Over






"The storm is over, there is sunlight in my heart.
I have a glass of wine and sit thinking 
of what has passed."
P.G. Wodehouse

"The storm is over and there is sunlight in my heart," by Wodehouse.  This poem came to my attention early spring and I scheduled the quote months in advance for when the quarantine would be over. So here it is August and relief does not seem to be teetering on the horizon.

Life has changed drastically impacting every age. Adjustments were immediately required and very few were prepared.   If a life has not changed, I wonder why that is ... ignoring the virus, hibernating, or hopefully creating through new channels. Working from home might have been a welcomed change, but the presence of the kids at home, maybe not so much.

I worry however as human beings gasp at the overloaded gathering they see on television with no masks being worn, and yet they admittedly attend celebrations themselves without reproach.  It would seem we individually make exceptions for our lovely selves.  World peace and Universal love definitely seem out of the question when we cannot even wear a cloth mask for the benefit of others, let alone remain home.






No comments:

Post a Comment