Tuesday, August 18, 2020

In Their Own Way , In Their Own Time ...






"The Tibetan Buddhist tradition has a meditation practice
called tong-len that asks us to breathe in the suffering of the
world, to hold it in that unbreakable place of compassion,
and to then breathe back light."
Mark Nepo

There have been suggested guidelines and instructions as to how to cope with the virus spreading across the world.  I am not an alarmist so I have minimized input from media and attempted to fill that time with additional meditation or prayer.  At first I was doing quite well until pressure increased as I was still sending Reiki energy to the children abducted from parents at the border.  

Then I came across a picture of mothers in Portland, Oregon, standing in front of protesters and being sprayed with tear gas.  And who are these military men anonymously kidnapping non-violent participants?  Where will it all end or will it end?

I am a mother of four and if a person messed with my children my mama bear qualities came rushing to the surface; but then and only then.  When everyone was burning their bras, I still couldn't join the rank and file.  When friends were killed in Viet Nam, my written words became harsh, but my feet stayed home.  Now I am trying to breathe in all that breaks my heart in my own country and bathe it in compassion.  For the first time, it is becoming more difficult to breathe back light. I must believe there are others joining me ... in their own way, in their own time.




No comments:

Post a Comment