Thursday, September 25, 2014

What Routine Supports You?

Time for writing is predetermined, so even when I am not in the mood, I slip into my creative space where I am easily inspired. My writing space is always reaching out to welcome me and it is easy for me to settle in.  I am surrounded with things that comfort me. Favorite books inspire me.  Candles beckon the light to find me.  I visualize nature and I feel a connection with all there is.
In this peaceful space, I can easily slide into the flow of writing.  Experience has taught me to just begin.  Get started even if the destination is not clear. Once I stop over-thinking, words begin to flow out of my pen.  Even though I may be unsure of what I want to say, this routine reminds me that something of worth always comes forth.  I know this time allotted for writing is always time well spent.
Routine can be altered or shifted to a different time or space, but to be without it even for a day, I feel less grounded and not as likely to embrace the life around me.  Actually, the word itself (routine) does not appeal to me.  It sounds too rigid, forced, or boring.  It builds resistance within me.
I  no longer tell my self stories about how I can only write with a certain pen or a specific place or only of a morning. I do not restrict my self to a certain journal or computer.  In my heart, I know all of those stories only delay my creative expression. I much prefer to refer to my routine as the special time of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment