Sunday, September 21, 2014

Repeat, Then Pause



"In all things in nature
there is something 
of the marvelous."

Aristotle 
(350 BC)


There are some music tapes or Cd's I cannot bear to listen to any more.  I am simply tired of them or they remind me of events I no longer wish to remember.  There are very few books I will read more than once, no matter how dear they are to me.  I would like to think my memory serves me so well, I easily get bored with repetition.  Then again, it might be the result of a short attention span.  

The exception to this pattern of disliking repetition is being in nature.  I routinely return to the ocean, never really ready to leave it, but knowing I must.  There are energy vortexes in Sedona, Arizona, I have visited numerous times, and yet continue to long for another trip.  Trips to Maui, St Thomas or Alaska are revisited.  Then there are trips I have shared with my daughter to Seattle,  San Diego, New York, and San Francisco, I would duplicate any of them in a heart beat.  

This all encompassing world shares nature in a variety of forms.  Any one of them I willingly repeat. There is something about being 'out' in the world that totally stimulates me.  There seems to be an abundance of energy just waiting for me to inhale.  As I breathe in the life surrounding me, I see nothing but beauty with delicate harmony.  Trees, water, expanding skies, mountains, valleys, sunsets and gentle fragrances floating on the edge of a breeze.  What could possibly be more intimate than quietly watching the moon move across the stars.  When I can no longer push the repeat button, I will gladly rest in pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment