Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hide The Body

Hide the Body

How many ways can I hide my body?  I can wear bland clothes and fade into most any landscape.  I can wear  unusual clothing, and hope people will focus on my fanciness, never getting down to my basic frame.
I can sit in the midst of a crowd where my body is surrounded by unsuspecting others. If I become a recluse, I can hide my body indefinitely, out of the sight of others.  Perhaps if I wear strange hats, people will admire the top of my head, never letting their vision wander down to my body. If I wore large sunglasses, I could pretend my entire body was hidden behind them.
At this point, I ask my lovely self why hide my body at all?  My body has given me the strength to be a competitive swimmer, to canoe, to portage into Canada, and birth four healthy babies.
My body may be some what unshapely, but it is healthy with a strong immune system.  It has housed me most comfortably.
I have a gathering awareness of the shame I have been carrying regarding my body.  How grateful I am that it never has listened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment