Thursday, September 18, 2014

Option: Change the End of the Story




Writing has always been my escape and with creativity I have generously contributed to stories.  Like anything else, too much of one thing can become a negative.  Not only were my stories presented on paper, they continuously played out in my head, drilling in the exact same ending.
Not too long ago, I was living a life of spiritual content.  Oh the lofty visions and inspirations! When I rescued my dog, Bella, from the shelter, I became grounded in every way.  As my time with her extended, my spiritual lore lifted and I found myself surrounded by reality.
As a story teller, living in reality is not as much fun as the delusion of epic fantasy.  So I learned to combine my newly discovered reality with the beauty of my spiritual beliefs.  I began to change my story.
The stories portraying me in a negative scenario soon fell away.  My grounded realizations brought the comfort of singing birds, swaying trees, and the dance of the moon.
Stars still call to me from the sky, but I look up at them rather than swing from them.  My feet are firmly placed upon this gentle earth, and I find myself to be the benefactor of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment