Friday, April 5, 2013

ABOUT TO SNAP!




Everything is changing.
People are taking their comedians seriously
and the politicians as a joke.

Will Rogers

Although I have varied interests, politics is not one of them.  I am a registered voter and remain conscientious about the privilege.  I confess to being opinionated about several things, but most generally I keep a low profile.
During dinner preparation the news was on and the reporting was going in one ear and out the other.  The topic was same sex marriage.  I am quite familiar with this topic and I have very clear vision of how I regard this issue.   But wait ... what did the educated politician just say?
"The purpose of marriage is for procreation so no one over the age of 55 needs to be married."
So the insinuation would be same sex partners if over the age of 55 don't need to be married as they would be too old to procreate?  This offensive and embarrassing statement was followed by various photographs and statistics of same sex partners adopting and providing safe and nurturing homes.   So would the intention be that no one over 55 should be married based on the assumption they cannot procreate?
This is an opinion I have not heard before and I hope I will never hear it again.  We are all entitled to our own views, but perhaps some more than others need to be kept private.  I have found this comment to be totally inappropriate and appalling for all peoples of all races, religions, genders and ages.  Really, I am about to SNAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment