Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Never Feel Slight






 As Sri Nisargadatta writes, "As long as you imagine yourself to be something tangible and solid, a thing among things, you seem short-lived and vulnerable, and of course you will feel anxious to survive. But when you know yourself to be beyond space and time, you will be afraid no longer."

Tara Brach
Clinical Psychologist, Author, Teacher of Buddhist Mindfulness

 

Our physical bodies limit us, but our sacred awareness is limitless.  It is through prayer, meditation, contemplation and spiritual exercise we come to know ourselves beyond space and time.  Through guided imagery or dreams we perceive wisdom impossible to explain.  Even the written word some times takes upon deeper meaning than what is presented upon the page. 

We are aware of the cycles of life and the rotation of seasons.  When we watch nature closely enough we begin to acknowledge the concept of death and rebirth.  We can become "Born Again" within our physical life, but can there be life after life?  To this I readily agree.

What awaits us beyond this life is truly a mystery to me, but I do believe there is an existence.  It doesn't concern me if I will be floating around in angel garb or if I will be a cloud in the sky.  I do believe this energy I hold today in the physical will be alive forever in a spiritual realm.  My fear has been replaced by trust and faith.

It is my belief that when we leave this place in time, our energy returns to the Sacred Source.  I do believe that all creatures great and small will be welcomed in this reunion, just as all peoples will be.  My God is a loving God not tolerating discrimination of gender, race or creed.  All things created and all energy forms will never feel slight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment