Sunday, April 21, 2013

Suspended and Surrounded





Those who are free of resentful thoughts
surely find peace.

Buddha
 
 
 
In preparation to be present in front of a visiting Tibetan Monk, I spent the morning being led through various spiritual exercises.  The energy in the room was building and layer by layer I was shedding the outside world.  When the Tibetan Monk arrived, he too led various spiritual exercises accompanied by chanting.  Layer by layer, I was shedding my inside world too. 
 
Forgetting place and time, I realized I was in a state of total bliss.  I was calm, peaceful, and worry free.  Thoughts had finally silenced and I was clearly rooted in peace.  I was unaware of my body and felt as though I was one many particles gently floating in the air.  I felt as though I was nothingness.
 
Eventually, I had to ground my self to shift back into reality.  This experience had been so profound, I never wanted to forget it.    I wrote about it, but words would never capture the total experience of mind, body, and spirit.  I have tried to duplicate the spiritual feelings numerous times, but I am successful only by a small percentage. 
 
I am grateful for the bits and pieces of this spiritual adventure remaining with me.  I carry them into creative visualization trying to reawaken my senses.  I am envious of the many Masters living  in a perfected state of bliss.  It seems incredible to me that there are those who live a prayerful existence every day of their lives.  It must take exceptional  discipline, focus, and the ability to constantly let go to establish such a blissful state for lengthy periods of time.
 
I can experience peaceful moments and extended time of calm, but to be mindful all day long (unless I was cloistered) seems so impossible for me.  With peace and calm, I will continue to contemplate in hopes of visiting this state once more.   Bliss ... being totally untethered from all of life ... feeling a peaceful calm ...  suspended  and surrounded by everlasting  love.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment