Thursday, July 2, 2015

Whisper Sweet Songs




"When I die, she said, I'm coming back as a tree with deep roots and I'll wave my leaves at the children every morning on their way to school and whisper tree songs at night in their dreams.  Trees with deep roots know about the things children need."

Story People by Brian Andreas



Trees have always fascinated me from childhood to this very day.  In all of the seasons, I find great respect for the presence of trees.  They are giant reminders of the ability to just be.  They remind us to stand tall in spite of winds and snow.  They represent courage during thunderstorms and hail.

Leaves gently sprout, unfold with color, and then float through the air to the ground.  A tree can lose a limb, but takes great pride in providing a home for animals and protection for the humans.  No matter how tall or wide, a tree reflects loving grace.

Weeping Willow, a mighty Oak, or a forest Pine  will offer a person a majestic experience of sharing energy.  Go ahead and lean into the tree.  The roots absorb the energy from Mother Earth below, and the tallest branches connect with spiritual realms above.  Meeting in the middle, the energies gently blend and radiate from the tree.  If patient, a person can feel the frequency generated by the tree.

Yes, I would agree to return as a tree with roots digging deeply into the earth and branches stretching up into the sky.  I would greet any one big or small and cover them with my energy.  I would love to wave at children, and help them with their needs, and especially know how to whisper sweet songs at night into dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment