Saturday, July 12, 2014

I Will Meet You There



"Out beyond ideas of wrong and right doing
there is a field.
I'll meet you there."

Rumi


Rumi shared prolific writings and there are so many that are dear to me.  This particular Rumi quote, "Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field.  I'll meet you there," is not really my favorite, but I love it.  For many years, it accompanied my signature.

To me it suggests the desire to be surrounded by positive people.   Individuals gravitating toward  the positive and who are willing to be vulnerable.  Hearing, second hand, every persons mishaps, disasters, and battles is a total drain.  We need to thrive on the examples of accessing dreams or making a difference in our inner landscapes.  There is no better investment than our selves.  

To hone in on who we really are without self-imposed limitations, barriers, or walls, a spark is ignited lighting a fire within to see how valuable we truly are.  We carry the light into our darkest corners, discovering the need to throw away garbage or experience the surprise of finding nothing there.

We are not only worthy, we are valuable to life itself.  We are vessels to carry goodness through our authentic skills.  When we surround ourselves with like minded or positive others, we are uplifted and lead a more fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment