Friday, July 4, 2014

A Fourth of July Sky

 
 
"The moon starts singing
when everyone is asleep
and the planets throw a bright robe
around their shoulders
and whirl up close to her side."
 
Hafiz
 
 
The Fourth of July brings excitement to the skies.  People of all ages turn their heads to the above to eagerly wait for the next light surprise.  Exploding colors and many 'booms' bring us all back to childhood imagination and delight in a magic form. 
 
Their is something about the sky.  It is the perfect backdrop for shooting stars, Northern Lights, and phases of the moon.  It would be extremely difficult to count the times in my life I have searched the sky for impossible answers.   I looked up into the darkness, pleading with a  star to take my sorrow, pain, and sense of desperation.  I have addressed twinkling stars with joy and laughter including them in my personal revelations. 
 
The moon and I have been forever friends, and I am most familiar with her lullaby.  She has shined nothing but love, caring and kindness into my nocturnal life and has been a constant energy within my heart whether she is hanging in the sky or naught.
 
We look up to the sky for rainbows, shape-shifting clouds, and the warmth of the sun.  Do we think of all these things above as a separate place or different realm?  I am surprised to realize my time with the moon, stars, and all that clusters in the sky as being quite personal and possessively just mine. 
 
 "I see the moon and the moon sees me."


No comments:

Post a Comment