Thursday, August 19, 2021

What I Already Know




"Pick up your pieces.
Then help me gather mine."
Vera Nazarian

It is a common expectation to search for another person to make us feel whole.  We hoodwink our lovely selves by whispering that we will never be complete until we have a mate.  The truth, however, teaches us that we are improved partners if we are already whole.

Perhaps, it is more accurate to wish for a person to embrace all of our parts and disclose his or her intricate parts.  We can be the glue for each other, holding our parts together.  With an adhesive to support our diversity, we will hopefully enhance who we have grown to be.

There is knowledge stored within me, worthy of a book.  This does not mean, however, that I readily apply it to my own life.  I believe my experiences would unfold more positively if I had one of those dog collars that beeps when the dog barks.  I could wear it comfortably around my neck and it would beep every time I don't apply what I truly know.  Sigh ....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment