Saturday, September 26, 2020

Edge of Darkness




"Allow your self room: to know and 
to grow towards the light."
SARK

The quiet moments of my years have prepared me for this forced isolation.  Expanding a love for writing and reading, silence became an offered blessing.  The difference, however, is that kindred spirits no longer interrupt the silence to kindle my fires.   Safe gatherings to uplift and support in  the physical no longer remain an option.  

My spiritual strength became compromised as shadows crept inappropriately near by.  Not realizing my compromised boundaries, I wandered into the edge of darkness where I normally would not have strayed.  Too easily I was lured into the depths of shallow thinking, stirring distrust and fogging reality.

There is great difficulty in reaching out when we are in the depths of self-criticism and loathing.  There is bliss in being able to regurgitate the worst while a loving friend listens and embraces with love.  Spiritually supported choices bring light to our perspectives, so as a means of prevention, heighten communication with the Divine and your lovely self.  


No comments:

Post a Comment